At Cedar Rapids Comprehensive Treatment Center, our dedication to patient service starts with the admissions process.
To ensure that you are best prepared for your admissions day, and to make your entry into treatment as smooth and efficient as possible, please carefully review the criteria and processes that are described below.
The first step is to verify that you are eligible for treatment. In order to receive medication assisted care at Cedar Rapids Comprehensive Treatment Center, you must meet all three of the following requirements:
- You must be age 18 or older.
- You must have been dependent upon opioids for at least one year.
- You must be in a state of withdrawal for at least 20 to 24 hours (unless you are pregnant).
Once we have confirmed your eligibility, we will schedule you for an intake appointment. This appointment will take between two and four hours. In order to be admitted for treatment, you will be required to present the following at your intake appointment:
- Valid identification. We will accept a state-issued identification card, a driver’s license, or a passport.
- Proof of insurance, if you intend to use your insurance benefits to pay for treatment.
- Payment for intake fees, even if you plan to use insurance to pay for your treatment. We will accept cash, a money order, or a credit card issued in the name of the person who is paying. We are not able to accept personal checks or payment by phone.
- If you are transferring to one of our centers from another program, you must arrange for all relevant records to be sent or faxed to our center.
During the intake process, you will accomplish the following:
- You will complete paperwork to confirm your eligibility and document issues such as your treatment history, psychiatric history, medical history, and related issues.
- You will complete a physical examination with one of our physicians. This examination will include a drug test and a TB test, unless you can provide proof of having taken a TB test within the previous two years.
- If you are female, you will also be required to take a pregnancy test.
If you are pregnant, please note that you must have consent from your OB/GYN before you can begin treatment, and you will be required to sign a release of information form so that we can coordinate care. If you are not seeing an OB/GYN, you may consult with one of our staff members to get a referral for prenatal care.
Finally, please note that you are not guaranteed to receive medication on the day that you complete the intake process. Our goal is to provide every patient with the care that they need as quickly and efficiently as possible; however, all prescriptions are written by a member of our medical staff, who will determine appropriateness of first-day medication based upon his or her review of your specific case.
To learn more about the admissions process at Cedar Rapids Comprehensive Treatment Center, or for any additional information about any aspects of treatment at our center, please contact us at your convenience. We look forward to helping you take your first steps toward a healthier and happier future.